Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Israel Day 7 / 8

I'm sure many of you would spend your Tisha B'av differently if you were here in Israel, but, considering I generally fast horribly, mine was thoroughly uneventful. Overall, it wasn't too horrible, and I like to attribute this to the advice I was given last year to eat grapes before a fast. I've done this a couple of times and so far, so good. But, I still would've liked to have enough Koach to have been able to walk around the walls of the Old City, as I heard many do.

Went to a shul here in Katemone before coming back, doing a little reading, then learning Hilchos Tisha B'av with my brother-in-law for a couple of hours. Shul again this morning followed by a nice 4 hour nap that took me right until Chatzos. From then until the end of the fast was sleep, reading, sleep, reading...you get the idea. Again, I wish I had the power to do more with the day but if this is what the Rabbis want, this is what I'm gonna have to do. Oh well.

Break fast and the evening was uneventful...we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Tel Aviv beach in the morning/afternoon, followed by an IBL game in Tel Aviv in the evening, followed by dinner with a couple of friends in Givat Shmuel.

No pictures today...didn't think you'd want to see any pics of need-to-be-shaven, lethargic looking people. Should have some good ones tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYFunnyman said...

i feel for you and am sorry you fast horribly. I thank hashem, that i am an excellent faster and that i can sit and concentrate all morning, then watch my kids all afternoon while my wife rests. i've been doing the grapes for 15+ years- they are great b/c they keep you full, and they don't make you miss all of kol nidrei/eicha for going to the bathroom

10:58 PM, July 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home