Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Artscroll Stone Chumash

I used to go through the parsha using the Artscroll Rashi - an aliyah a day. After I get married and things got busy I stopped, but I recently have become much more interested in the Parsha than ever, so I told myself I have to start running through the Parsha again. Anyway, I started going through it with the Artscroll Stone Chumash, and I don't think it can be stated enough what an excellent publication it is. While you won't know every single Rashi, you'll know all of the famous ones; all of the famous machlokeses Rashi/Ramban. You'll get words of wisdom from everyone from the Chofetz Chaim to the Ohr haChaim haKadosh. Some of their stuff (bios) are silly; but they were right on with this one.

Oh, and no, I didn't get paid to write this.

But, see Mississippi Fred's commentary on the Stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home