Monday, November 13, 2006

A Case of the Mondays

So the ladies in the office frequently bring in goodies for everyone to eat. Invariably it consists of food that is either not kosher, or chocolate, which I cannot consume for obvious reasons. So today there was a platter of cake which looked scrumptious; however, I figured it was non-kosher. Upon inspecting the label, I was pleased to see that the Orthodox Union had certified this cake. Alas, I could finally indulge. After eating a huge piece of cake (huge, to make up for the fact that I can never eat what they bring), one of the ladies said to me, "the cream cheese really adds something to the cake." CREAM CHEEESE!? Yes, after inspecting the label further, it turns out I had eaten Pumpkin Creme Cheese cake. Great, this could be a very long Monday.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Greg said...

I'm still confused as to why you would have eaten anything with pumpkin in it...

12:05 PM, November 13, 2006

 
Blogger nyfunnyman said...

i 2nd that

12:53 PM, November 13, 2006

 
Anonymous peninah said...

I'm just glad I didn't ride with you today...

1:39 PM, November 13, 2006

 
Blogger Danny the Manny said...

This is why it's assur to eat and drink with a goy. You should fear he or she may have poisoned the food. Clearly they knew about your condition and did this intentionally. Antisemites.

2:30 PM, November 13, 2006

 
Anonymous Erica said...

Have you tried Lactaid pills?

4:33 PM, November 13, 2006

 
Blogger AlanLaz said...

To no avail.

5:16 PM, November 13, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just get into patterns. You are the strongest woman I know-- lighten up on yourself a little. (As for the other stuff... what is wrong with a little melodrama in cyberspace? There is no one to pick up the pieces for me anymore. I can't get away with being weak in real life. This is a safe space to get it all out-- to say I'm afraid or uncertain-- to say I'm anxious. Do we really have to be Superwoman all the time?)

12:29 PM, November 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Donny said...

Getting right to the point, Ahuva.

2:48 PM, November 14, 2006

 
Blogger Lanie said...

I agree, AlanLaz is definitely the strongest woman that I know.

3:07 PM, November 14, 2006

 
Blogger AlanLaz said...

Ahuva - so you're the one who tampered with my estrogen supplements that I received yesterday in the mail?

7:49 AM, November 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guessed it! Now who tampered with my cut-and-paste....

11:18 AM, November 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home