It appears not all cops are bad. After my last run-in with the law, I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth for law enforcement. That taste will be no longer, however, after my latest run-in. Tonight, while in Frederick, I was pulled over by a cop. He informed me that I was being pulled over for doing 50mph in a 25mph zone. Having seen that trying to sweet-talk a cop hasn't worked in the past, I had no intention to try this time. He asked me how my driving record was, to which I replied, "Pretty good - been a while since my last ticket." I then responded in the negative to his question to whether my license was suspended, revoked, etc. After waiting a few minutes, he handed my license and registration back to him with the sweet words of, "You got a $160 break tonight - just slow down."
Things like this don't happen to me. I was already calculating how much my insurance rates were going to go up when I heard this sweet words. My wife recommended bentching gomel. A few possible reasons he let me off, as offered by friends and myself:
- he was so happy to pull over a car with upstanding individuals, as opposed to the Frednecks that he had been pulling over all night, all with suspended licenses
- he looked up my driving record and realized that I REALLY couldn't afford another couple points on my record
- he was Jewish and helped a fellow member out after seeing my kippa
- looking at my kippa and felt bad for me for being Jewish
- he liked my wife's sheitel
Whatever it was, I don't care. U Da Man.