Monday, July 24, 2006

Off to Israel...


I am lucky enough to have traveled to Israel on numerous occassions. Before each trip, when telling non-Jews, or people that have never been to Israel about my trip, they are often in disbelief that I am going to such a dangerous place. The reality, however, is that everyone feels more safe in downtown Jerusalem at 3a.m. than they do in downtown D.C. at 3am.

However, as I was telling co-workers about my trip this past week, even those who would normally be fine with news that an acquaintance is going to Israel are now skeptical. Regardless of the fact that we'll be in Jerusalem, too far south for the Katyusha's to hit (or so we hope!), I received many looks of disbelief and prayers for our well-being. All in all, though, we're leaving to Israel this evening, and I hope to update my blog semi-daily with pictures and thoughts on the atmosphere of the country in this unique time.

Above and below are a picture and a video showing you why Israel prevail through all of this - because it has many non-religion-perverting Gd fearing Jews on its side. The video below shows a soldier saying a prayer for their well-being upon undertaking a tank mission.

6 Comments:

Blogger aishel said...

Wow, I had no idea you were going! Best of luck to you, I'm glad people are still willing and able to go!

5:28 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Anonymous BubbyT said...

Have a good and safe trip.

6:00 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Anonymous Tamar said...

Alan -- if you want to venture off the beaten track a little and you're not too booked to have an afternoon adventure, give me a call -- we'd love to meet you! (I was your sister's and sister-in-law's teacher at Rambam, and your in-laws are friends with my parents)
email me at tamarweissman at yahoo dot com and I'll give you my phone number)
In any event, wishing you a lovely trip!

3:12 AM, July 25, 2006

 
Anonymous donny said...

Alan-

Have a safe trip. Enjoy the Arak and Kegelvitch.

8:40 AM, July 25, 2006

 
Anonymous peninah said...

Driving to work at 5:30 this morning was not the same without you (mostly because I was driving). Have fun! keep the blog going with Israel updates.

9:22 AM, July 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Sara said...

Nesiyah Tova!

11:37 AM, July 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home