Thursday, July 27, 2006

Israel Day 3


Day 3 started at 3:30am when my wife and I woke up simultaneously and proceeded to watch 1.5 hours of Kingpin (great movie). After oversleeping again (see previous sentence), we went to Gan Sacher (pronounced "soccer") - which I had seen in passing but never been to. It's basically a huge park which takes a long time to walk around, and has an amazing Jungle Gym. It had probably been 10 years since playing on a Jungle Gym, but this this was so cool I had to. The best thing about this activity was that there was zero opportunity to spend money, which is something that is hard to find in Israel.


We ate some leftovers for lunch and headed to Meah Shearim which obviously hasn't changed much in the past 200 years (same gross Chasidishe glasses). I saw a bunch of Charidim almost kill a man that was doing his job and putting up a notice of which the locals did not agree with. OK, well, they didn't almost kill him, but they surrounded him and were yelling things and knocked over his bicycle. Also, they were repaving the roads in Meah Shearim - apparently bulldozers with thousand-pound loads do not slow the locals down.


Dinner was eaten at a falafel joint - it's amazing to me that I can buy anything kosher for less than $10. The evening concluded with a beer/hooka with an old friend from back home, visiting my buddy Itzik that knits kippas for me (below) and calling it an early night (as per the 3:30am movie screening). More tomorrow.


2 Comments:

Blogger NaomL said...

It looks like you're having fun. Enjoy contributing to the Israeli economy. We praay for peace in Israel.

9:23 PM, July 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can;t believe you've never been to gan sacher

10:01 AM, July 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home