Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Israel Day 1

After a fairly uneventful flight from Newark, we arrived in Tel Aviv this evening at about 6pm. Really, it feels like I never left. Jerusalem feels the same as it did 18 months ago during my last visit, and you'd have no idea there's a war going on to the north if you didn't have a TV or internet access (of which I have both). I must admit, while I did get caught up in watching the news at every chance possible, it is a bit refreshing to be away from it all - funny how I have to come TO THE COUNTRY to get away from it all...but that's life here in Jerusalem.


We got some Burger's Bar before the Nine Days started this evening, and was then upset because I could not get ice coffee later in the day - well, there will be plenty of ice coffee during the 9 days. We met up with my sister-in-law and her fiance, walked around, bought some necessities and came back to the apartment where we are staying (see above). By far, the highlight of the trip so far was my losing electricity for the entire building when I tried to plug in my phone from back home (yes, we will have our same 410 number here in Israel as of tomorrow) into a regular converter, instead of getting a proper electicity adapter. Apparently, our phone is cheap and isn't made to make the switch of currents like that - oh well.


After meeting up with an old buddy from Frederick and his wife/child for a beer, we came back to the apartment to call it a night. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. Feel free to leave comments.

4 Comments:

Anonymous peninah said...

I am so jealous! Keep the posts and the pictures coming. this is great.

5:35 AM, July 26, 2006

 
Blogger Lanie said...

Where are you guys staying? I feel like I should know that information already.

7:41 AM, July 26, 2006

 
Blogger AlanLaz said...

Staying in a little place in Nachlaot - which is directly behind the shuk. Everything is furtnishedby Ikea and it's really clean, but it's so small - fine for a couple weeks though.

10:36 AM, July 26, 2006

 
Blogger Danny the Manny said...

I didn't know there was a bar in Israel where you could sit in the loo while drinking your beer? See above facial expression for explanation of joke. Man, this comment is so gonna get taken down. Revolt, comment! Revolt!

3:05 PM, July 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home