Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shout Out

Gil posted about the gemara in Gittin which discusses the death of titus by mosquito. I must admit, this topic interests me more and more every time I hear about it.

In the third paragraph, he writes:

"In the latest issue of Derech HaTeva, a journal of Torah and science published by Stern College (under the guidance of Dr. Harvey Babich), Rachel Rechthand surveys the views about Titus' death (I assume she ommitted the Me'or Einayim out of piety) and suggests that he died of a brain tumor. Summarizing articles from the past 15 years, she concludes that the causes of death from various ancient sources, including the Gemara, are all consistent with a brain tumor. And Titus' activities after developing this tumor are not inconsistent with that diagnosis."

Oh yeah, I married her sister. If you have access to this journal, I would recommend reading the article - she is a real tzadeikes and a Bas Torah whose love for Torah is to be emulated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lanie said...

Wow, impressive! I guess we're kind of famous by association because our children will share cousins with hers.

2:36 PM, May 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Jake said...

I'm holdin out for Moshe to write something scholarly. Until then, you and Peggy are my official frum sources.
I hope you make it out sunday for ole birthday.

1:03 AM, May 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home