Monday, January 09, 2006

Rabbi Kosman Stories

I meant to add these two stories to the end of the last post, but I forgot:

Story #1 - Rabbi Kosman was in Baltimore for my nephew's Pidyon haBen and while pulling into my sister's court, a yeshiva bachur hit his car. As they get out of their vehicles, the young lad is clearly upset. Rabbi Kosman approaches, approaches some more until they are face to face. He doesn't spit in his face (like Sean Taylor of the Redskins yesterday), or yell, rather, he leans over and embraces the lad with a hug, and that was the end of it. No $$, no rebuke, just love.

Story #2 - A friend of mine told me that he met Rabbi Kosman in Hawaii at a wedding. I am discussing this with Rabbi Kosman yesterday and I say to him "It's such a small world." His response was priceless, "No, Avraham, it's a big world, and G-d is making us butt heads for a reason..."

Rabbi Kosman, you are a holy, holy man.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Erica said...

I have a RK story: I used to work in the Star-K building once when I was on my way out to lunch I saw two Jewish men greeting each other, the first man said to his friend "hi how are you" and the second man responded "perfect" and the first man said "you know you remind me of Rabbi Kosman, I see him in Ner Israel and every single time anyone asks him how he is doing he replies "Perfect, Thank G-d"

You can really see that he makes a difference wherever he goes just by being the amazing person that he is. That's our Rabbi!

11:47 AM, January 09, 2006

 
Blogger Jewboy said...

Now that I am in law school and no longer learning at Ner Israel, one of the things I miss the most is seeing Rabbi Kosman every day. It was always inspirational to talk to him and see him in action.

8:46 PM, January 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Greg said...

You should work a flute into your blog title some how.

Here's a page of flute quotes to get you started.

Here's a few I like:
When in doubt, trill.
"Blasen ist nicht floeten, ihr muesst die Finger bewegen" (Blowing is not playing the flute, you must move the fingers)

If you want to go biblical, you can call yourself, "Jubal's Heir" based on Genesis 4:21: "His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play the harp and flute."

4:35 PM, January 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home